To keep with a greener footprint, homeowners are rethinking traditional construction materials and moving towards recycled construction materials. Behind the sustainability trend, lessening the carbon footprint serves as motivation. Modern materials can be recycled or economically made in low-cost facilities. It is important not to confuse these green modern themed materials with standard mass-produced materials known as commercial materials. Homeowners who live in unique historical buildings may wonder whether they should contact roofers known for residential roofing. Here are factors to consider when making a decision.
Residential roofing companies deal primarily with people who own homes. Not every home is the same.
- If you live in a building on the historic registry, you need to contact a contractor who has experience in the historic district. Find a local roofer in the community who knows the style of home you own.
- Discuss the materials used to create your home.
- Roofs made with natural or recycled materials need a roofer who has experience dealing with these materials. Mistakes can cost you more money in the long run.
- If you are looking to repair a roof like a dome or an arc, you may need to contact the original builder for a list of residential roofing companies specializing in these unique shapes.
- Residential roofing companies typically use asphalt, metal, clay, and slate. There are a variety of materials they use, but these are the most common.
- People interested in pursuing recycled materials for their homes need to contact a residential roofer that has been using them. These styles can be highly crafted and needs a residential roofing artisan when executed.
When you type commercial roofing into the search engine, it usually references a particular style. Commercial roofing is usually a low slope or flat roof. Commercial roofing companies are better suited to accommodate large buildings. Assuming the individual has a traditional home, this route may not be desirable. Consider the following information when contacting a commercial roofing company.
- Commercial roofing companies usually default to TPO or thermoplastic polyolefin. The single-ply white membrane reflects heat. TPO helps save large building owners on heating bills. If you live in a hot climate and have a flat or sloped roof, this material may lessen your energy usage.
- Commercial roofing is generally more expensive for small spaces. Companys are known to offer better packages for larger roofs.
- Modern townhome builders should consider hiring a commercial roofing company. Mass production of homes requires standard roofing.
- Commercial roofing companies provide materials that can withstand hurricanes. If you are contemplating the coming storms, hiring a commercial roofing company gives you the option to install a storm-resistant roof.
If you live in a residential home and need to repair or replace your roof, it is in your best interest to hire a residential roofing contractor. Look for a residential roofer near your neighborhood or talk to any you see already working in your area. Chances are they repair homes like yours every day. Some residential roofing companies or contractors offer commercial services.
If you need a roofing company, contact StaDry Roofing and Restoration and ask about our other services to see if we can tailor our craft to your specific needs.